Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My one wedding of the year.

It takes a special breed of shooter to be a wedding photog. I'm not one of them. Put me in the middle of a dangerous or miserable situation a I flourish. Put me in the middle of a wedding and I hate life. Much like landscape photography, wedding photography is just not in my blood. When I shoot a wedding I'm working and I hate when photography becomes work. Even my career as a full-time photojournalist rarely feels like work. That's why I only do one or two a year and always for friends.

It's not that I'm bad at it. I simply don't enjoy it.

A couple weeks ago I got my one wedding out of the way. Well, half a wedding really. I didn't shoot the ceremony because it was held in a temple in San Diego. I only shot the reception.

The location of the reception was great. The only problem was the time. It started around 4:30 pm on a cloudless summer day. For the candid shots later in the evening this was great. For the posed group shots at 5 there's not much worse. It's incredibly difficult to overpower  the sun at that time of day, even with multiple off-camera flashes.

Anyway, here are some of the mostly candid shots of the bride. Hope you like em.











No comments:

Post a Comment